Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sideways Stories Props

Back in March I helped with Sideways Stories from Wayside School. I'm sharing photos of a few of the props I created.



One of the characters brings on a shopping cart full of stuff. It was great fun putting this together. I found lots and lots of things to include and the stranger the thing the better. The actor (Kate) pulled the props she needed for each scene. And she maximized the fun factor based on what she used.



This is a piece of rutabaga cake with crunchy noodle topping. It looks yummy, doesn't it? Of course, I had to sample it.



Did I forget to tell you it was a huge piece of cake. It wasn't very tasty.



Mr. Gorph didn't like it much either.


I enjoyed my work with this show a lot. Making odd props is surprisingly satisfying.

I created this post back in March and just found the draft. I thought I would finally post it. It was one of the things that kept me busy and not blogging.

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

It was really fun to see the play. You did a great job with the props!