Monday, September 20, 2010

Rustic Socks Update

More about those Rustic Socks I mentioned yesterday.



More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Uneven Ribbing is a 4 stitch repeat.
Using Rustic Wool from the Queensland collection. I blogged about these socks here and here and here.
I don't like the short row heel. Ick. I'll have to use some more research. Perhaps another resource would help with my toe-up socks. I move to top-down on a size 4 needle. I'm using the (St) Ann Budd Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns as my guide.
knitSB footies on a size 2 using Twisted Sisters Jazz. I'm using the sock cal app for the iPhone mentioned in this blog post.  I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

While at Monticello, I snapped this photo of the life size Thomas Jefferson statue. Can you spot the knitting?
Thomas Jefferson knitting

No comments: