Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monticello Knitting

knitSB and I went on vacation last week to Williamsburg, Virginia. My sister, EveryoneDeservesAQuiltJoanne and my BIL, Jack joined us. It was a delightful trip, filled with unexpected joys, great conversation and relaxation. We started with a trip to Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home.  Have you ever been there? We went on a tour of the house and the gardens. I took this video while on the grounds and knitting the Rustic Jack Socks.



The gardens were wonderful to see.  The effects of the rather warm and dry summer could be seen throughout the garden. Did you know that Jefferson loved peas? He had fifteen varieties at Monticello. We picked up both flower and vegetable heirloom seeds from the gift shop. Perhaps I will be more successful at gardening next summer.

I snapped this photo of Monticello while resting in front of the fish pond. His "staff" would catch fish and bring them to this pond to wait until cooking time so they would be fresh.
Monticello Reflection
Here's a picture testing the Rustic Sock length.
Rustic Monticello
More about the Rustic Socks later. They were finished on the trip but not exactly as intended.

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

Wow - looks like you guys had a great trip! I've never been to Monticello, can you believe it? I need to go there!