Saturday, September 4, 2010

Answering August Questions


Sue and Yarmando commented on my Family Clock
BestestMama hasn't ventutred into socks. I find knitting a heel fascinating.
Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Knitting Patterns is a great resource for
Mearl shared the Show-off Stranded Socks by Anne Campbell for my self-imposed sock club discussed here with KnitMary. Here's a link to my Ravelry favorites for the sockclub
Sue agrees that bread tags work great to keep the tails out of the way. I collect bread tags and give them to some of my knitting class students.
Nancy McCarroll is pulling her copy of the Little Box of Socks off her shelf.  I agree. It took a couple of times through for me to see the potential of my sock yarn in these patterns.  Gigi from Knitmore Girls podcast knit almost all of the socks in the box early on in their podcasting career.
The Sock Garden yarn isn't available anymore from KnitPicks. They've moved on to other yarns.
Thanks Lindsey for showing me yours. :)  I wish more people would show me theirs. KnitMary and knitSB did.
Continental knitting videos can be found on youtube and knittinghelp.com. Try those rosegaither. I learned by watching someone knit continental.
I think the best phone app is the one that is used most. Nancy mentioned IMdb, Dropbox, Art, & Stanza. I do use IMdb & Dropbox. Art and Stanza are new to me.

I feel like a commercial for the Evil Sock Genius Pattern.  I like the designer and the pattern. Cat and I recently interviewed Evil on our knitrific blog.  See the post here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh sure go making me feel guilty about not showing you mine yet! lol I really did plan to showing you my knitting bag but it's not that exciting plus the last 4 days have been so stressful I just haven't been doing any knitting really. Also, I had to frog the fingerless gloves I was working on for my granddaughter so I was just taking a break from knitting for a day. Ok it wasn't a full day, but almost! I will do my best to get that video clip done showing you mine, as boring as it will be. LOL!